Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Jason Passed!!!

JASON PASSED HIS PRAXIS II CONTENT TEST!!!!!!!!!

So Jason was really really really really super stressed about this test....mostly because he didn't really know what to study for it and his future teaching career depended on it.  He was required to know ALL of World and US History from the beginning of time until now!  Wow!  That included political history, religious history, wars, geography, dates....everything.   It was no small task and the "outline" of what they gave him to study pretty much said that world history would be 50% of the test and US history would be the other half.  Helpful, huh?  He used his handy dandy IPOD with a flashcard APP and learned a lot.  There wasn't really much else he could do except read every history text book he owned....he didn't end up doing that though.  He took the test on November 3rd and he was really really nervous.  It was on a scantron and he really hates those.  He came out of the test a lot unsure about how he did and said that there was a lot of stuff he didn't know.  I told him there was nothing else he could have done better and then we went to lunch to help him feel better.  We ate sandwiches at The Lunch Box and they were delicious.

We had to wait 24 whole days for the test scores to come back.  On November 27th I was able to look up the scores online.  I was at work and Jason was in Cedar all day for school.  When I opened up the score report I nearly screamed. I was so happy. HE PASSED!!! The scoring system was super weird and nearly nobody can figure out how they do it. But oh well. HE PASSED!!!!  I had to wait 8 hours with my secret....I was going to text him but I wanted to tell him in person and see his face.  It was priceless for sure! I wish I would have gotten it on camera.  As soon as he got home from school, I asked him to sit on the couch and close his eyes. I wandered around the house a bit and then went in front of him and waved the paper.  I told him to open his eyes and he quickly scanned the paper and screamed "I PASSED I PASSED I PASSED!!!!"  He was screaming and laughing like a little kid. It was great!  The whole rest of the night and a couple of days later we would both randomly remind each other that he passed! Yay!!

Next stop.....STUDENT TEACHING AT FOSSIL RIDGE INTERMEDIATE!  He will be teaching 7th graders Utah History starting January 7th.  He was planning to teach at Snow Canyon High School and he got permission to do so, but the School and the district thought he hadn't been graduated from Snow Canyon long enough. Lame huh?  We are happy things worked out though and that he will still be student teaching in Washington County.  We know there is a reason behind the craziness. 

1 comment: